The Washington Redskins continue to pad their defensive and special teams depth, signing linebacker Terence Garvin on Friday. Read More
Some Quick Facts:
- Terence Garvin spent the first three years of his career with the Pittsburgh Steelers after going undrafted in 2013.
- During Garvin's three-season stint with the Steelers, Garvin totaled 36 tackles, including a career-high 16 during the 2014 season.
- He recorded his first career tackle on Sept. 22 against the Chicago Bears and his first start on Dec. 22 against the Green Bay Packers.
- Despite recording only one defensive start, Garvin was an asset to the Steelers’ special teams ...
The Washington Redskins announced Tuesday that they have signed unrestricted free agent safety and special teams ace David Bruton, Jr. Read More
Some Quick Facts:
- David Bruton, Jr., at 6-2 and 217 lbs., entered the league as a fourth-round pick (114th overall) of the Denver Broncos in the 2009 NFL Draft.
- During Bruton's seven-season stint with the Broncos, he played in 104 career regular season games with eight starts, compiling 114 tackles (92 solo), 16 passes defensed, five forced fumbles, three interceptions, three fumbles recovered and one sack.
- He has also played in seven career postseason contests, including Super Bowl ...
The Washington Redskins makes their first free agency addition and have agreed to terms Friday morning with big defensive end Kendall Reyes
Some Quick Facts:
- Reyes, 26, has ties with Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Joe Barry, as the two were together at the San Diego Chargers for three seasons (2012-2014).
- The four-year veteran played his first four seasons with the Chargers after being taken from Conneticut with the 49th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.
- In his time with the Chargers, Reyes totaled 126 tackles with 13.5 sacks, seven passes defensed and an interception. He has yet to ...
For the third consecutive year, Redskins safety Dashon Goldson brought extra holiday cheer to 50 underprivileged children with his annual event, “Goldson’s Gift Giveaway.”
The event was hosted at a Walmart in Dulles, Virginia, and included special appearances from his teammates. Almost all of the Redskins secondary was in attendance, showing the team’s comradery and respect for Goldson.
After enjoying a meal in the store’s dining room, the children were each given $100 gift cards to spend on gifts for themselves and their families. Each player escorted a group of kids, pushing their carts through the aisles ... Read More
On Saturday, December 5th, the Women of the Washington Redskins hosted Football Camp 2.0 at Redskins Park. WOW members spent their Saturday afternoon showing off their football skills alongside the pros. The event featured special appearances from Redskins players Houston Bates, Darrel Young, and Will Compton.
During the event, the ladies had the opportunity to rotate through three activities with the pros: a flag football game, offensive and defensive drills, and a meal in the Redskins dining room. A representative from FanDuel was at the event to give a special presentation on how to become a Fantasy Football ... Read More
12.04.2015 / Blog Posts Community Redskins
The holiday season has officially begun, and with it comes the spirit of giving. Earlier this week, six Redskins players took time out of their hectic schedules to help fundraise for an amazing cause.
These Redskins kicked off their holiday season at Open Hearts International’s Charity Christmas Dinner. But they weren’t just there to enjoy a delicious meal, they were there to work! Kedric Golston, Frank Kearse, Will Compton, Adam Heyward, Trent Murphy, and Nick Sundberg, along with former Redskin Rocky McIntosh, donned aprons to serve pizza at the dinner, which was held at The Dons’ Wood Fired ... Read More
11.16.2015 / Blog Posts Redskins
Last week, the Washington Redskins were proud to announce Morgan Moses as the 2015 recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award.
The Ed Block Courage Award honors “players who exemplify commitments to the principles of sportsmanship and courage” (http://edblock.org/courage-award/). Not only that, but the award reflects recognition from teammates. Each NFL team determines their recipient by voting for which of their peers they feel best embodies these qualities. Recipients of this esteemed award become “Ambassadors of Courage for victims of abuse, violence, and neglect” (http://edblock.org/courage-award/).
Morgan Moses was the 66th overall pick in ... Read More
On Wednesday, the Women of the Washington Redskins were proud to host their first Inside Access event at FedExField. WOW members braved the rain to spend the evening with Redskins alumni who embraced the role of reporter in their post-player life.
Brian Mitchell, Shawn Springs, and Clinton Portis returned to the Media Interview Room, where they participated in a panel moderated by CSN anchor Julie Donaldson. The players answered questions about life as an NFL player and their transition to the media side of the business. Former teammates Springs and Portis couldn’t resist reminiscing about their favorite – and funniest ... Read More
10.19.2015 / Blog Posts Redskins
We're #motivated by Redskins players that give back! TE Niles Paul suffered a season-ending injury during this year’s preseason, but he’s putting his time off to good use.
Paul, along with RB Silas Redd, visited The Children’s Inn at NIH in Bethesda last week looking to brighten the day of some young Redskins fans. Residents of The Children’s Inn are research participants at the National Institute of Health, and their contributions are impacting people’s health worldwide.
The Redskins players were eagerly welcomed at the Inn. Paul and Redd toured the facility, signed autographs, took ... Read More
09.28.2015 / Blog Posts Redskins
If you need inspiration to start your week, look no further than Redskins alum Terry Allen!
The former Redskins running back and 1996 Pro Bowl select is going back to his roots. 25 years after leaving Clemson University for the NFL, Allen is fulfilling a promise he made to his mom- to finish school!
Allen, who is taking 15 credits this semester, has a year and a half left to earn the management degree he began back in 1980. Not only that, but he’s rejoined the Clemson football program as a student assistant. Allen reflected on the opportunity, saying ... Read More
It's our turn.
Join the 120388 members
Join The Redskins Women’s Club
Refer a friend now
WOW is better with friends. So get yours to join. And share every Burgundy and Gold moment.