The Washington Redskins continue to pad their defensive and special teams depth, signing linebacker Terence Garvin on Friday. Read More
Some Quick Facts:
- Terence Garvin spent the first three years of his career with the Pittsburgh Steelers after going undrafted in 2013.
- During Garvin's three-season stint with the Steelers, Garvin totaled 36 tackles, including a career-high 16 during the 2014 season.
- He recorded his first career tackle on Sept. 22 against the Chicago Bears and his first start on Dec. 22 against the Green Bay Packers.
- Despite recording only one defensive start, Garvin was an asset to the Steelers’ special teams ...
03.21.2016 / Blog Posts Career Corner
Have you ever met someone who’s a great speaker—but a horrible writer? During meetings and face-to-face conversations, he’s incredibly clear, engaging, and persuasive. Yet, when he’s writing an email or drafting a report, his power of communication seem to vanish completely.
If you suspect this applies to you, even a little, I have good news: I rounded up seven easy-to-follow tips for instantly making your writing abilities just as strong as your speaking skills. Maybe even better!
1. Get Rid of Big Words
You’ve probably heard that using big words ... Read More
The trees are budding and the grass is getting greener, the birds are chirping and the weather is warmer. What a wonderful time of the year, unless you suffer from seasonal allergies. When I moved to the DC area in 1999, my seasonal allergies were way worse than they were back in New York. My nose was stuffy, I was constantly sneezing, my eyes were watery, and overall I just felt tired.
When you have seasonal allergies life is miserable. Your body is in constant alert mode. You have histamines flowing through you as if you are under attack, and ... Read More
The Washington Redskins announced Tuesday that they have signed unrestricted free agent safety and special teams ace David Bruton, Jr. Read More
Some Quick Facts:
- David Bruton, Jr., at 6-2 and 217 lbs., entered the league as a fourth-round pick (114th overall) of the Denver Broncos in the 2009 NFL Draft.
- During Bruton's seven-season stint with the Broncos, he played in 104 career regular season games with eight starts, compiling 114 tackles (92 solo), 16 passes defensed, five forced fumbles, three interceptions, three fumbles recovered and one sack.
- He has also played in seven career postseason contests, including Super Bowl ...
03.17.2016 / Blog Posts Recipes
Recipe by: Annemarie Rossi, Real Food Real Deals
Instead of using green food dye to make a special St. Patrick’s Day treat this year, here is a healthy shake that doesn’t require any artificial coloring – it’s naturally green & lean! It makes for a scrumptious mid-day snack or post work-out fix!
¾ cup plain yogurt
1¼ cups whole milk
1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach
4 fresh mint leaves
1 large, very ripe banana
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 to 2 tbs. maple syrup (or to taste)
Freshly whipped cream and chocolate shavings for garnish, optional
Instructions: Read More
- Place the ...
03.16.2016 / Blog Posts
Every year, the beautiful cherry blossoms line the Tidal Basin in Washington D.C. Usually people flock to the nation’s capital towards the end of March/early April to see the spectacular sight, however this year it doesn’t look like we’ll have to wait that long. Due to the warmer temperatures, the trees are already starting to bloom. According to the Washington Post, they are now predicting that the trees will be in full blossom from March 18th through March 23rd. That is two weeks earlier than the dates they had originally predicted.
The annual ... Read More
03.14.2016 / Blog Posts Recipes
Photo by: Mat Lo Photography
Recipe by: Megan Voigt – Hint Of Vanilla
In honor of today being Pi Day (3.14), we wanted to share this delicious lemon & earl grey tart recipe with you! The best part about it - it’s burgundy and gold! Fun fact, although a pie and tart are not the exact same thing, they are in the same family of desserts! The French word tarte can be translated to mean either pie or tart. Treat yourself today!
150 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
112 g icing sugar
1 g salt
50 g ... Read More
Photograph by Con Poulos
Recipe courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli of Food Network
Looking for something light and easy to make? Well, we are springing our clocks foward one hour this weekend for daylight savings, so why not make Spring Pizza! This amazing recipe, courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli, looks delicious and only takes about an hour to make, 35 minutes prep time and about 15 minutes to cook!
Ingredients you will need:
1 pound pizza dough
All-purpose flour, for dusting
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
6 ounces ramps or scallions, trimmed
1 cup ... Read More
The Washington Redskins makes their first free agency addition and have agreed to terms Friday morning with big defensive end Kendall Reyes
Some Quick Facts:
- Reyes, 26, has ties with Washington Redskins defensive coordinator Joe Barry, as the two were together at the San Diego Chargers for three seasons (2012-2014).
- The four-year veteran played his first four seasons with the Chargers after being taken from Conneticut with the 49th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft.
- In his time with the Chargers, Reyes totaled 126 tackles with 13.5 sacks, seven passes defensed and an interception. He has yet to ...
03.15.2016 / Blog Posts Events
March is National Craft Month! For those of you out there who enjoy DIY projects or crafting, this is your month! Celebrate all month long by picking a craft to do each week or finish projects you never finished. Follow our blog for a "Craft of the Week" post through the end of March! Below are some links for some fun football crafts to get you started - just in case you’re missing the season just as much as we are! Expand your crafting techniques!
It's our turn.
Join the 125015 members
Join The Redskins Women’s Club
Refer a friend now
WOW is better with friends. So get yours to join. And share every Burgundy and Gold moment.