Redskins land the top free agent cornerback of 2015, signing Josh Norman to a reported five-year, $75 million contract. Read More
Some Quick Facts:
- Norman (6-0, 195) is entering his fifth NFL season after originally entering the NFL as a fifth-round pick of the Carolina Panthers (143rd overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft.
- In 53 regular season games with 38 starts, Norman has recorded 178 tackles (136 solo), 36 passes defensed, seven interceptions (two returned for touchdowns), four forced fumbles and three fumbles recovered.
- After a career-high season - recording career highs in interceptions (four), forced fumbles (three) and fumbles recovered (two ...
04.25.2016 / Blog Posts Career Corner
Here's a situation I'm sure you're familiar with: You've come up with an exciting idea that you think you and your colleagues will benefit from. But even though you feel your thinking is solid, you're too afraid of speaking up about what's on your mind. Sure,youthink it’d be smart, but what if your boss doesn’t agree? And even worse, what if she thinks your entire concept is dumb?
If you’re anything like me, you’ve kept your mouth shut when it came to this ... Read More
04.24.2016 / Blog Posts Recipes
Recipe courtesy of: Giada De Laurentiis, Cooking Channel
Craving a light, easy to make dessert that is perfect for springtime? This ricotta orange pound cake with strawberries would be great to serve! This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
Total Time: 55 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 45 min
1 1/2 cups cake flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature, plus more to grease the baking pan
1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 1 tablespoon ... Read More
04.20.2016 / Blog Posts Health and Wellness
By: Rebecca Nenner
It's amazing how we have things turned upside down in this country. For the past 30 something years, we have vilified fat as being dangerous and artery clogging, when in fact it is the very thing you need to sustain life. If you haven’t noticed, our country and people all over the world have gotten way fatter and sicker since the 1980’s than they have been during the entire course that man has existed on this planet! There is a correlation here, in the 1980’s we were told to eat a low fat ... Read More
04.18.2016 / Blog Posts Career Corner
My first job was as a playground leader. I spent my teenage summers working at a park about two miles from my house. A few of my close friends worked there, too, and it was a blast. But while some may say it’s an “easy” job because I just got to hang out with kids all day, that was far from the truth.
With only 10 leaders and an average of 80 kids—sometimes over 100—there were a ton of different tasks to keep track of. And after five summers working there, I ... Read More
The Washington Redskins announced Wednesday 4/13 that they have signed veteran cornerback Greg Toler. Read More
Some Quick Facts:
- Toler (6-0, 190) is entering his eighth NFL season after originally being selected by the Arizona Cardinals in the fourth round (131st overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.
- The veteran, has appeared in 72 regular season games with 47 starts, amassing 251 tackles (221 solo), 47 passes defensed, eight interceptions, four forced fumbles, two sacks and one fumble recovery.
- Toler most recently played with the Indianapolis Colts after signing with them prior to the 2013 season. He started 32 of the ...
04.13.2016 / Blog Posts Health and Wellness
By: Rebecca Nenner
How frustrating is it when you've gone on a diet, lost weight, and a few weeks or months later, you have not only gained back the weight but have added on more pounds! It’s a very common tale. In fact, when you think about it, there wouldn’t be a DIET INDUSTRY, if diets worked!
Most people are looking for a quick solution to lose fat and inches, but in order to lose weight you need to know why our efforts only fail. We live in a toxic world. We are eating, drinking , breathing in ... Read More
04.11.2016 / Blog Posts Career Corner
Although I am a productivity aficionado, forming new habits doesn’t always come easy to me. Given how busy my days are, finding the energy to start doing something differently is tough, even when I know it would be a helpful change. Over the years, I’ve repeatedly failed to develop habits, from getting out of bed as soon as my alarm goes off to finding a consistent workout schedule to carving out time to read more books.
To combat that, my husband and I started a tradition: Every year we add a new habit ... Read More
Think your football skills are up for the challenge?
For the first time-ever, WOW is partnering up with the Washington Redskins Cheerleaders for the Annual Burgundy and Gold Game. We're looking for a select few ladies interested in joining the team. Burgundy and Gold team selections will be announced at our Draft Day Kickoff Party on April 25.
Please note that all entrants will not make the team and will be randomly selected. The burgundy and gold roster will be announced at the party; however, those who will be eligible for the draft will be informed at least one ... Read More
The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed D.C.-area native and unrestricted free agent tight end Vernon Davis. Read More
Some Quick Facts:
- Davis (6-3, 250) is a veteran of 10 NFL seasons after originally being selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the first round (No. 6 overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. He was traded to the Denver Broncos on Nov. 2, 2015.
- The two-time Pro Bowler, has appeared in 148 regular season games with 140 starts, recording 461 receptions for 5,841 yards (12.7 avg.) with 55 receiving touchdowns.
- Davis has also appeared in 11 ...
It's our turn.
Join the 131621 members
Join The Redskins Women’s Club
Refer a friend now
WOW is better with friends. So get yours to join. And share every Burgundy and Gold moment.
- Nov. 23, 2017
- Dec. 16, 2017
- Dec. 17, 2017
- Dec. 24, 2017