09.11.2016 / Blog Posts
The Washington Redskins are set to kick off the regular season against the Pittsburgh Steelers in a Monday Night football showdown at FedExField. We don’t want you to miss out on any of the festivities, so check out some of the TOP THINGS TO KNOW before you head out to the game on Monday!
FANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ARRIVE AT FEDEXFIELD EARLY
- Fans will be greeted with a burgundy rally towel giveaway upon entry, while supplies last.
- Parking Lots will open at 2 p.m., five hours prior to kickoff. The Red Zone lot will open to permit holders at 1 p.m. The Red Zone Lot will feature assorted beer and wine vendors, food trucks, a stage featuring a DJ, a performance from Redskins Cheerleaders, Redskins Alumni appearances and tailgate games and picnic areas.
- The Bud Light Party Pavilion gates open to all ticket holders at 4 p.m.
- Stadium gates will open at 5 p.m.
- Kickoff is scheduled for 7:10 p.m.
IN-STADIUM PREGAME FESTIVITIES
- Bud Light Party Pavilion - Fans will be able to watch the ESPN 980 pregame show featuring Redskins Alumni Chris Cooley and Pro Football Hall of Famer John Riggins as well as programming on the newly implemented HD screen.
- Guests are encouraged to get to their seats by 6:30 p.m. for pregame festivities including a special tribute in honor of the 15th anniversary of Sept. 11 and a flyover by the 71st Fighter Training Squadron from Langley Air Force Base.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Redskins – Steelers Series…just in case you want to show off to your friends.
- Redskins lead all-time series, 42-32-3
- The last time the two teams met was Oct. 12, 2012 (27-12, PIT)
- Monday night’s matchup between the Redskins and Steelers will be the 78th meeting between the two squads dating back to the inaugural meeting between the Boston Redskins and the Pittsburgh Pirates on Oct. 4, 1933.
- This week, the Redskins will attempt to end a five-game losing streak against the Steelers that dates back to 1997.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers enter the 2016 season after concluding 2015 with a 10-6 record and a second-place finish in the AFC North.
- Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin enters his ninth season at the helm, with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger starting his 12th season after being selected in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft.
- Running back Le’Veon Bell will not play in the season opener because of a three-game suspension.
In case you want a bit more information (in a fancier way): Download a PDF of the Redskins vs. Steelers Infographic
For a more in-depth look at the match-up and game, check out our Redskins Insiders 2016 Game Information: Redskins-Steelers.
See you at the game!
It's our turn.
Join the 136028 members
Join The Redskins Women’s Club
Refer a friend now
WOW is better with friends. So get yours to join. And share every Burgundy and Gold moment.