11.28.2013 / Blog Posts Health and Wellness
More women in the U.S. die each year from heart disease than all forms of cancer combined. Learn more from Beth Avery, a nutritionist and part of Harris Teeter’s yourwellness team:
The Yourwellness team has five key tips we’d like to share with you that can help protect your heart.
1. Choose high fiber, whole grains over refined carbohydrates. Aim for at least three servings a day. Brown rice, quinoa and whole wheat bread are some of my favorites.
2. Eat heart healthy fats – such as those found in extra virgin olive oil, avocado, nuts and coldwater fish.
3.Enjoy a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Each day you should include brightly colored fruits and vegetables with all your meals and snacks.
4. Choose proteins wisely. Fish twice a week, along with skinless, white meat poultry, egg whites, tofu and beans should all be regulars on the menu.
5. Reduce your sodium consumption by cutting back on packaged, processed and canned foods.
6. Get some exercise! Even a walk each day can protect your heart.
It's our turn.
Join the 82063 members
Join The Redskins Women’s Club
Refer a friend now
WOW is better with friends. So get yours to join. And share every Burgundy and Gold moment.
- July 24, 2014
- July 24, 2014
- Aug. 7, 2014
- Sept. 1, 2014
- Oct. 1, 2014
- Nov. 20, 2014
July 12, 2014 10:00 AM Boot Camp at FedExField12
July 19, 2014 07:00 AM Give Blood at Redskins Park!
July 19, 2014 10:00 AM Volunteer with WOW and Women Giving Back19
July 24, 2014 WOW VIP Tent at Redskins Training Camp
July 24, 2014 06:30 PM Kickoff Reception at the Science Museum!24