11.28.2013 / Blog Posts Health and Wellness
More women in the U.S. die each year from heart disease than all forms of cancer combined. Learn more from Beth Avery, a nutritionist and part of Harris Teeter’s yourwellness team:
The Yourwellness team has five key tips we’d like to share with you that can help protect your heart.
1. Choose high fiber, whole grains over refined carbohydrates. Aim for at least three servings a day. Brown rice, quinoa and whole wheat bread are some of my favorites.
2. Eat heart healthy fats – such as those found in extra virgin olive oil, avocado, nuts and coldwater fish.
3.Enjoy a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Each day you should include brightly colored fruits and vegetables with all your meals and snacks.
4. Choose proteins wisely. Fish twice a week, along with skinless, white meat poultry, egg whites, tofu and beans should all be regulars on the menu.
5. Reduce your sodium consumption by cutting back on packaged, processed and canned foods.
6. Get some exercise! Even a walk each day can protect your heart.
It's our turn.
Join the 123962 members
Join The Redskins Women’s Club
Refer a friend now
WOW is better with friends. So get yours to join. And share every Burgundy and Gold moment.
- Dec. 3, 2016
- Dec. 3, 2016
- Dec. 4, 2016
- Dec. 19, 2016
- Jan. 1, 2017
Dec. 3, 2016 10:00 AM Day in the Life of an NFL Player
Dec. 3, 2016 06:00 PM Redskins Rally: Arizona3
Dec. 4, 2016 04:00 PM Redskins Rally: Local4
Dec. 19, 2016 06:30 PM Panthers vs. Redskins Pregame Party19