10.22.2013 / Blog Posts Health and Wellness
Kimberly Young, Founder Healthy Little Cooks and author of 5-Minute Lunchbox
Juicing gives our bodies super concentrated vitamins and minerals that store bought juice can’t provide. The only downside is that many times, the pulp it produces gets literally dumped down the drain. These carrot spice cookies are an excellent way to recycle juice pulp into a healthy indulgent treat. After trying these, I’m sure you’ll add this to your long list of reasons to start juicing.
1 cup white whole wheat flour (can substitute for regular wheat or ¾ cup white)
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
½ cup coconut flour (located in most natural food markets or substitute for ½ cup white or wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or substitute for ½ teaspoon cinnamon + ½ teaspoon nutmeg)
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup carrot pulp
1 egg, beaten
½ cup orange juice
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup
4 tablespoons Earth Balance (or substitute for butter)
1 cup applesauce
2 cups cool whip, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray two baking sheets with non-stick oil.
2. Combine dry ingredients: Both flours, oatmeal, banking soda, ginger, spices, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Melt butter. Then combine wet ingredients: Butter, carrot pulp, egg, orange juice, maple syrup and applesauce in a separate bowl.
3. Pour your wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Drop by the spoonful on baking sheet.
4. Press cookies so they are semi-flat and bake for 9-10 minutes.
5. Cookies will be “cake-like”. Serve with whipped cream.
YUM! Now enjoy!
Visit HealthyLittleCooks.com for more!
It's our turn.
Join the 105165 members
Join The Redskins Women’s Club
Refer a friend now
WOW is better with friends. So get yours to join. And share every Burgundy and Gold moment.
- Oct. 6, 2014
- Oct. 6, 2014
- Oct. 14, 2014
- Oct. 19, 2014
- Oct. 27, 2014
- Nov. 1, 2014
Oct. 6, 2014 06:30 PM WOW Think Pink Pregame Party: Redskins Seahawks
Oct. 6, 2014 08:30 PM Redskins vs. Seahawks6
Oct. 14, 2014 06:00 PM Ladies Night Out at Redskins Park: Think Pink14
Oct. 19, 2014 01:00 PM Redskins vs. Titans19
Oct. 27, 2014 07:30 PM Monday Night Football Watch Party27