10.22.2013 / Blog Posts Health and Wellness
Kimberly Young, Founder Healthy Little Cooks and author of 5-Minute Lunchbox
Juicing gives our bodies super concentrated vitamins and minerals that store bought juice can’t provide. The only downside is that many times, the pulp it produces gets literally dumped down the drain. These carrot spice cookies are an excellent way to recycle juice pulp into a healthy indulgent treat. After trying these, I’m sure you’ll add this to your long list of reasons to start juicing.
1 cup white whole wheat flour (can substitute for regular wheat or ¾ cup white)
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
½ cup coconut flour (located in most natural food markets or substitute for ½ cup white or wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or substitute for ½ teaspoon cinnamon + ½ teaspoon nutmeg)
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup carrot pulp
1 egg, beaten
½ cup orange juice
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup
4 tablespoons Earth Balance (or substitute for butter)
1 cup applesauce
2 cups cool whip, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray two baking sheets with non-stick oil.
2. Combine dry ingredients: Both flours, oatmeal, banking soda, ginger, spices, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Melt butter. Then combine wet ingredients: Butter, carrot pulp, egg, orange juice, maple syrup and applesauce in a separate bowl.
3. Pour your wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Drop by the spoonful on baking sheet.
4. Press cookies so they are semi-flat and bake for 9-10 minutes.
5. Cookies will be “cake-like”. Serve with whipped cream.
YUM! Now enjoy!
Visit HealthyLittleCooks.com for more!
It's our turn.
Join the 123964 members
Join The Redskins Women’s Club
Refer a friend now
WOW is better with friends. So get yours to join. And share every Burgundy and Gold moment.
- Dec. 3, 2016
- Dec. 3, 2016
- Dec. 4, 2016
- Dec. 19, 2016
- Jan. 1, 2017
Dec. 3, 2016 10:00 AM Day in the Life of an NFL Player
Dec. 3, 2016 06:00 PM Redskins Rally: Arizona3
Dec. 4, 2016 04:00 PM Redskins Rally: Local4
Dec. 19, 2016 06:30 PM Panthers vs. Redskins Pregame Party19